Terms and Conditions
A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc. will not be held responsible for any damages suffered due to the actions of the client’s employees or patrons, including harm to artist’s equipment, including any rental equipment, while such equipment is at the event site.
By signing this agreement, ordering online, making a payment or deposit is acceptance of the terms and conditions of this contract. The client agrees to accept all responsibility for all real and personal property, and all persons at the event location. Client is releasing the artist (except for actions resulting from artist’s gross negligence) from all liability and responsibility for all real and personal property and all persons at the events location; before, during, and after the event. As a result of signing this service agreement you release the artist, A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc., free of any liability, and the client will accept full liability and responsibility at the location.
Latex and Microfoil (also referred to as mylar and foil) balloons pose no threat to humans, wildlife or the environment if handled responsibly. Latex balloons used in décor are 100% biodegradable. Helium, if inhaled, can be life threatening. The artist is not held responsible for any damages in the event the client or attendees at the event inhale helium.
Children under the age of seven should have constant adult supervision while playing with balloons. Broken or uninflated balloons can cause harm to young children and should be disposed of immediately. The artist is not held responsible for any damages in the event the client or attendees at the event shallow balloons.
Weather Clause – Balloons are a natural material and are 100% biodegradable. Although artist uses only the finest quality balloons, some balloons may occasionally deflate sooner than expected. By their nature, balloons are susceptible to the effects of weather elements such as, but not limited to, rain, sun, changes in temperature of more then 10 degrees, and wind. The client understands that any balloon structures that are displayed outdoors are not guaranteed to last for any specific time and that the artist is not responsible for the balloon structures lasting for any specific time.
In the event, framework items are used, the client is renting framework items from the artist for the duration of the event and is responsible for returning bases, poles, framework, lights, electrical cords, fabric and any other such items as listed herein in good condition. Failure to return said items in undamaged condition to the artist after the event at the agreed time will result in a charge of replacement costs to the client. The artist will pick up said items unless other arrangements have been made in writing.
The following items are rented by the client and not purchased: poles, bases (metal, wooden or cement), magnets, framework, electrical cords, fabric, and lights.
Magnets and framework are the property of A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc. in the event we are not allowed to retrieve our property, we will charge $24.00 per magnet as they are property of A Floating Affair and are not for sale. Framework charges will vary depending on rental rates per piece.
City ordinances and permits – Customer will be responsible for securing all city ordinances and permits pertaining to outside décor. A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc. will not be liable for any fines or damages for non-compliance.
Sole Balloon Artist: A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc. will be the sole exclusive balloon décor provider for your event. Any designers will be direct employees or sub-contractors of the designed sole Balloon Artist used at this event. When entering into a transaction with A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc. client agrees that no other person or company, including but not limited to caterer, coordinator, planner, event designer, volunteers, professional or otherwise, shall provide balloon products or décor for the client’s event without the written notice and consent of A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc. This is to protect our professional reputation and to insure uniformity throughout your event. Any exceptions must be approved in writing by AFA and exceptions are the sole discretion of A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc.. The artist has the right to refuse the job if the client breaks this agreement.
Full photo rights are granted to the artis for any photos taken during the engagement.
Structure Changes – Client understands that moving of balloon structures is not recommended and we will not be responsible for balloon structure damage and may charge should repair be necessary. If you need to relocate or adjusting…please ask.
The artist may make changes to designs if unexpected circumstances occur with the event and will be done only in the best interest of the client. Client will be responsible for the breakdown at the end of the event unless other instructions are written into contract. Artist is responsible for breakdown and cleanup whenever contract states. The artist will be responsible for breakdown and cleaning up décor provided by the artist according to specifications of site personnel. The client is responsible for verifying site cleanup
regulations and notifying artist of such regulations. The client agrees that the job site will be available at the designated set up and breakdown time and will verify the time with the event site personnel. We will not be held responsible for décor set up time delays when we do not have access at the agreed upon time.
Service Retainer – A non-refundable service retainer of $100 is required at the time of booking an event. This reserves your event date and prevents other clients from booking. Until this retainer is received your inquiry is considered as only an inquiry. Retainers ensures that the date and time specified will be held. A full payment is required to leave any balloons at a venue “NO BALLOONS WILL BE LEFT AT A VENUE WITHOUT FULL PAYMENT RECEIVED UNLESS PRIOR ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE WITH CLIENT”. If an event is scheduled less than 7 (SEVEN) days, full payment should be made within 24 hours. If balance in full is not received within 24 hours, A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc. reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
Balance is payable when event is scheduled, always before décor is delivered both parities may make changes to contract upon written agreement. In the event the client request additional services at the venue, additional fees will be charged. Reduction of services by client may result in cost reduction if request for fewer services is made at least 1 week prior to the date of the event and agreed to by the artist.
Cancellation: Client agrees to give artist at least 72 hours advance notice of cancellation to be refunded 50% of event decoration fee. Cancellation notice of less than 72 hours will result in client paying for the entire job. Cancellation of more than 14 days will incur no cancellation fee.
Limitation of Liability: Neither A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc. nor client will incur a liability to each other for failing to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure results from a force majeure or any force beyond a reasonable control. A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc. is not responsible for severe inclement weather, acts of God, or other situations that may cancel or postpone your event. Please note that A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc. will make every effort to accommodate date changes as permitted by our schedule. In the event of incapacitating illness injury or emergency to the agreed-upon A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc. shall substitute a balloon artist of equal or greater skill at no additional cost to client. If no replacement can be found A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc. and client will be discharged of all obligations under this agreement and all deposits returned. We are not responsible for accidents or injuries related to our décor that is caused by mischief or mishandling by the client, guests or site staff. Client agrees to indemnify and hold A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc. harmless of and from any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, damage, lawsuits, judgments, including attorneys’ fees and costs, to the extent caused by or arising out of or relating to the work of A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc..
YARD SIGN POLICY:
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering our yard greeting. Understand that by ordering our products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Payment is required at the time the order is placed. This will confirm and hold your date.
2. You will be invoiced for missing or damaged lawn display items
3. We may place a small sign in the yard with our company name, phone number and web address. This sign is unobtrusive and lets the neighbors know where “they can get one” please do not reposition or hide it.
4. For the safety of everyone, especially children, please DO NOT allow anyone to pay on or around the lawn greetings display. Our display items WILL NOT safely support the weight of a child, adult leaning, sitting, or playing on it. Some of them may look like toys, but they are not. Let us keep your children safe! Please discourage all persons from playing on or around the display
5. We reserve the right to politely decline orders that are political controversial, lewd, disrespectful or that do not fit the celebratory nature of our business. Please do not “re-arrange” the letters on our sign. The verbiage on all signs must be agreed upon by us and you.
6. Please DO NOT attach balloons to any part of the display. Balloons get hot in the sun and if a hot balloon blows against our signs and pops, it could damage the sign.
7. We encourage you to pose next to the display to take photographs of your celebration. However, please DO NOT pull the signs from the ground to have them positioned differently in your photographs.
8. Please do not throw lawn display items in the garbage or vandalize our signs. Be sure to convey this message to the honoree as well. Even if you do not like the display gift given to you, these items ARE our property and business. It is best to notify the honoree to not harm the display, as you are still responsible for it.
9. We do ask that you take pride in our lawn display and treat it with respect. Please do not move the items. If you need them taken down early, please give us a call and we will gladly come and get them.
10. Please arrange to have lawn service come BEFORE we set up and turn off their sprinkler system.
1. If you must cancel your booking prior to the day of delivery, we reserve the right to refund, 50% of your payment. You will also have the option to reschedule for the full value paid based on availability. Cancellations made the day of delivery/set up may not receive a refund.
2. We will reimburse you 100% in the event of inclement weather when we are unable to set up any lawn displays. Inclement weather includes lightning/thunderstorms, hurricanes, heavy rain, high winds, heavy snow, accumulation or ice and any other Act of God that would put us or our lawn display in harm’s way.
We cannot reimburse
3. No refunds will be given due to the client giving us the wrong address. Please make sure the address is correct before calling us if this is a gift.
4. No refunds will be given due to the homeowner requesting us to remove the lawn display.
5. No refunds will be given due to being denied access to a gated community.
6. No refunds will be given due to any animals that prevent the display from being set up.
7. No refunds will be given for circumstances that prevent us from setting up the display, that are out of our control.
We begin installing greetings after 5:30 a.m. and pick up the following evening after dark.
Every attempt will be made to make you a completely satisfied customer. We want you to use our services again and refer your friends and family to us.
***By placing an order with A Floating Affair, you agree to all policies stated above.
(We respectfully reserve the right to decline a delivery area that we feel or has previously found to be unsafe for our displays. We will contact you if this situation arises.)
A Floating Affair Balloon Decorating Services, Inc. operates the https://www.afloatingaffair.com website, which provides the SERVICE.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, the A Floating Affair website.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies”.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
• To facilitate our Service;
• To provide the Service on our behalf;
• To perform Service-related services; or
• To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.